If you own a home in Orange County, or Lake County or surrounding areas and want a FREE HAIL/STORM DAMAGE EVALUATION, schedule with us below by clicking the text bubble below.
How to Spot Hail DamageIdentifying hail damage on your belongings, such as patio furniture or your car, is relatively straightforward. The round dings in metal are obvious signs of hail damage. However, determining whether your roof has sustained damage from a hailstorm may be a little more difficult. It’s important to keep your roof in top condition to avoid structural deterioration that may cause leaks. Many insurance companies will consider paying for a roof that has been damaged by hail, but it must be correctly assessed. Insurance adjusters will require the opinion of a professional roofing contractor before they will consent to the work being done, but you can also check for hail damage yourself before calling a roofer by following these tips:
- Search for damage on the metal. Check metal roof vents, flashing or metal valleys on the roof to see if there are any dents. Soft metal will show dents, and also indicate the size of the hail.
- Set up a ladder to your roof to examine the top of the roof.
- Check the ridge cap of the roof for dents. This area of the roof will receive the most damage from hail since it is flat and will take a direct hit in a storm.
- Look at the shingles. Check the whole shingle, as well as the edges, for signs of damage. 3 Identify the types of damage caused by hail. The 3 major signs of hail damage include bruising, cracking and granules missing from asphalt.
- Check for missing pieces in the asphalt of the roof. Look for areas on the shingle that have exposed, black substrate. This means the granules of the asphalt have been compromised or knocked off by something.
- Search for bruising in the shingles. Dents from hail are not always completely visible. Run your hand over the shingle to feel for small dimples in the surface. Press 1 of the dimples to see if it has any give. If it does, this is a sign that the shingle has begun some deterioration.
- Look for cracking in the shingle. Large hail can make a circular crack if the hail hits it hard enough.
Spot any damage? Give us a call or text at 407-654-4426 to receive a Free Hail Damage Evaluation.
Please follow and like us: